With its unique alternative to traditional sports wagering, Pointsbetting, the Australian bookmaker has built an army fans in New Jersey since debuting in the US in January 2019 through its partnership with Meadowlands Racetrack.
The sports betting operator ‘with a twist’ is also live in Iowa via the Catfish Bend Casino (and in-person registration for the remainder of 2020).
Now, Pointsbet is poised to set foot in its third market when its mobile sportsbook launches in Indiana before March Madness.
A type of wagering based on the margin of victory or loss. For example, if you successfully bet on your team to win by one point, you win 1 x your stake. The same principle for 2 points, 5 points, 10 points etc.
However, should your team lose by 1 point, you lose 1 x your stake. As PointsBet put it themselves, “The more you’re right, the more you win” and “The more you’re wrong, the more you lose”.
Competition between sportsbooks is steadily increasing in the Hawkeye State.
Pointsbet will join DraftKings, FanDuel, BetAmerica and BetMGM as active sportsbooks, the latter having just launched in February 2020.
PointsBet Sportsbook Indiana
What you need to know
- Create an account at home via mobile sportsbook app
- Wager freely in state lines
- Mobile app available for iOS and Android devices
- Must be at least 21 to create an account
- Land-based partner: Hollywood Casino, Lawrenceburg
- Regulated by Indiana Gaming Commission
- No betting on sports featuring amateur athletes under 18 or esports
- Online casino and poker not available