Well, that didn’t take long.
Just three months on from passing legislation, Iowa, today, launched legal sports betting.
In doing so The Hawkeye state becomes the eleventh US state overall and the first in the Midwest to roll out a regulated industry, winning the race ahead of Indiana and Illinois.
The swift turnaround - among the quickest seen so far - ensures Iowa is all set to accept wagers for the most lucrative weekend of the sporting calendar, the big NFL kickoff.
Here’s all you need to know about America’s newest sports betting industry:
- Eight casinos and seven mobile apps to offer sports betting in Iowa initially
- Statewide mobile wagering permitted but in-person sign-up required until Jan 2021
- William Hill partnered with four land-based casinos, the most of any operator in IA
- DraftKings and FanDuel among other big names to soon put roots down in Iowa
- Bettors must be 21 years old to wager
- Wagers must be placed inside Iowa borders
Read on here for more Iowa Sports Betting related information.