There’s a lot to like about the legislation for Indiana sports wagering. Mainly because it’s one of the most gambling-friendly frameworks in the country. For starters, aside from needing to be the legal gambling age of 21, there are hardly any restrictions for bettors.
You can register with an Indiana betting site remotely so there’s no need to make a trip to a physical sportsbook. And so long as you’re in Indiana state lines when placing an actual bet, you can wager on your favorite sports wherever and whenever is convenient for you through Indiana betting apps.
In terms of what you can bet on, all of the major sports you can think of have been approved by the IGC. On the banned list, however, are eSports and high school and amateur youth sporting events.
Summary of Indiana Sports Betting Laws
- Bettors can bet on a mobile device anywhere in Indiana
- You do not need to register your online account in-person
- Bettors must be physically located in Indiana state lines when placing an actual wager
- You cannot use your mobile device to wager outside Indiana
- Bettors need to be at least 21 years to wager
- Betting on eSports or amateur athletes under 18 not available
It goes without saying as well that you can visit one of the Indiana land-based sportsbooks below if you prefer to wager over a kiosk rather than online.