Tropicana online casino is the online extension of Tropicana Casino & Resort Atlantic City, which opened in 1981. The online version of the casino has been operating since November 2013 and is widely recognized as one of the leading New Jersey online casinos.
Tropicana Pros & Cons
- Great collection of casino games
- Generous sign-up offers
- Distinguished New Jersey Casino
- Selection of Slots could be better
- PayPal not available
- No VISA/Mastercard withdrawals
|Gambling Verticals||Slots, Table games, 90 Ball Bingo|
|Deposit Methods||VISA, Mastercard, Instant e-Check, PayNearMe, Online Banking Transfer|
|Withdrawal Methods||ACH, Check, Skrill, Cash cage at Tropicana Casino and Resort AC|
|Customer Support||Live 24/7 Chat, Email 24/7, Phone, On-site Help & Support Center|
|Year Founded||Tropicana AC (1981); TropicanaCasino.com (2013)|
Tropicana Online Casino New Jersey Review
Welcome to the Tropicana online casino review by United Gamblers.
By the end of this page, you will have a very good idea of what to expect of Tropicana online casino as an overall package.
This review examines the entire online offering further down but first, we highlight a few pros and cons to give you a flavor of what you can expect. Let’s get to it!
Tropicana Pros ➕
- Very good range of casino games: one of the best collections of casino games New Jersey has to offer
- Generous and flexible sign-up offer: gamble risk-free up to $100 and refer your buddies and earn $50
- Distinguished New Jersey Casino: having been around since 1981, this is a renowned US casino brand.
Tropicana Cons ➖
- Choice of slots could be better: other NJ online casinos offer a bigger and better range
- PayPal not available: the lack of a popular payment method is frustrating
- No VISA/Mastercard withdrawals: limited options to receive money.
Tropicana Casino Online review
You could say Tropicana is part of an exclusive group. Not only was it one of the first casinos (along with four others) to be awarded a license and launch an online casino in New Jersey, the operator did so on the very day the NJ online casino went live on November 26, 2013.
As you may have guessed, Tropicana online casino is an extension of Tropicana Casino Resort AC, an ever-present Atlantic City Casino since 1981. Tropicana and Virgin Online Casino - the partner site of Tropicana - operate under the land-based license of Tropicana Casino AC.
Question is, is Tropicana one of the best online casinos New Jersey has to offer? Well, considering the variety of games, longevity and top class service, it certainly comes close. Read on for why.
Who can play at Tropicana?
It sort of goes without saying you must be 21 years of age to gamble. This is the legal gambling age in New Jersey for all casinos, be it online or offline.
Under New Jersey gambling regulations set out by the NJDGE, you must be physically located in NJ to gamble for real money. This means that you do not need to be in New Jersey to browse and access Tropicana - you can even play free casino games outside of NJ. But when playing and real money casino games and gambling for ‘real’, you need to be in the Garden State.
Geolocation software already built into your phone or mobile device will automatically detect your location. If playing on desktop, you will need to download a geo-location plugin so your location can be shared. A prompt to download this should come via a pop-up so make sure you have these enabled.
To play at Tropicana, a player must be:
- 21 years or older
- Physically located in NJ to play for real money
- Fully verified according to KYC procedures
- A registered Tropicana player
- Equipped with a compatible device
Tropicana Online Casino Welcome Offer
If you've already decided, yes, based on the pros and cons above Tropicana is the online casino for me, then your choice is about to be justified. That’s because there’s an awesome Tropicana welcome offer awaiting all new customers which, essentially, gives you a second chance if beginner’s luck doesn’t fall your way the first time around.
If lady luck is not on your side when you place your first wager, your net losses are covered by Tropicana in CASH
The way the welcome offer works means players that lose more than 90% of their first deposit over a seven day period receive a real money refund equal to the net loss. Note, the Cash Back amount is a maximum of $100. The offer kicks in if even you have a net loss of under 90% but still post a net loss over seven days. And for the best bit: the offer comes with no wagering requirements which means the bonus is withdrawable straight away!
Of course, if your first wager is a success, the bonus is not required as you’re already a winner! Happy days!
Tropicana Online Casino Promo Code
To opt-in to the ‘Up to $100 Cash Back’ offer, just follow these simple steps:
- Create a username
- Enter personal details (name, address, SSN) and
- In the *Promotional Code’ box, enter: TROPTEN
- Make a first deposit of $10 or more and place a wager
- Receive a Cash Back amount (to the value you deposited) should luck desert you
- Use the Cash Back amount to try your luck again.
Quick Terms and Conditions
- Promo period ends July 31, 2020
- Offer applies to new customers only
- Must be located in the state of New Jersey to wager
Tropicana $100 Cash Back Offer FAQ's
How long does it take to receive the $100 Cash Back Bonus?
If you lose your first bet and qualify for the bonus, you can expect to receive the amount equal to your deposit amount within 72 working hours.
How do I claim the $100 Cash Back Offer?
To become eligible you need to be a new player with Tropicana, enter the promo code on the sign-up page and deposit a minimum of $10. That is all you need to do. The rest is up to lady luck!
Can I claim this offer if I’m located in New York?
No, unfortunately not. As close as you may be to the state of New Jersey, both feet need to be on New Jersey ground to bet legally, never mind claim any bonus offers. You are not required to be a NJ resident however so there is nothing to say you can’t cross the border to use Tropicana online casino or Virgin online casino.
Tropicana refer a friend bonus
There’s another bonus offer to get excited about and should tell all your friends about it! Quite literally, in fact. That’s because for every friend you refer to Tropicana online casino and get to sign-up, you’ll earn yourself a sweet as $50 bonus! Don’t pass up the opportunity to refer as many friends as you want. But remember the bonus money you can earn from this offer is capped at $2,500 - we’ll leave you to do the math!
Tell your buddies about Tropicana and get earning, now!
Here’s how this unique offer works:
- Sign up, make a deposit and become a Tropicana player
- Invite your friends to register at TropicanaCasino.com
- Tell your bud to include your username & email address in the “Referred by a Friend?” box
- Your friend must deposit at least $10 and make a wager.
- You receive a $50 bonus and your friend a free $10 bonus.
Tropicana Online Casino App
The app performs well on the most popular mobile types. When we put it to the test, there were a couple of minor glitches and occasions when a game experienced a slight delay, which was of course frustrating. The limited number of games available on the app is also an issue we’re sure the tech guys are on top of. All that said, the Tropicana online casino app is certainly one of the stronger New Jersey casino apps right now.
Below we’ve written step-by-step how you can download the app for both iOS and Android.
How to download Tropicana online casino app for iOS
- Head to the iTunes store on your device
- Click, “Get Now” to install the app
- App download is complete and ready to use
You can also download the iOS app by visiting the Tropicana casino website on your mobile browser. To start, click “Download for iOS” and you will be redirected to the App store.
How to download Tropicana online casino app for Android
- Visit the Tropicana casino website on your mobile browser
- Click “Download for Android”
- You will be redirected to Google Play Store
- Click “Install”
- The download is complete and app ready to use
Make sure your device is compatible, otherwise downloading the app may prove difficult.
Operating Systems supported:
- Android Version 5.0 and higher
- Apple iOS 5 (iPhone 3GS, iPad and later) and higher
- Microsoft Windows Phone 8.1 or higher
- Apple Mac OSX 10.9 and higher
- Microsoft Windows 7 or higher
How to sign-up for a Tropicana online casino account
At this stage, you have a promo code in-hand and an app ready to use.
Next, you need an account to wager from. Now, online casinos are aware that eager-to-gamble players are desperate to start playing yesterday. But. A little admin on your part is required before any gambling can begin.
Below is how the sign-up process at Tropicana looks. Simply follow the steps to create your account in a matter of minutes.
- Create your Username
- Enter your details
- Contact and security
Most of what’s asked is fairly self-explanatory. But here’s a few things to consider:
- Keep your Tropicana log-in (username and password) memorable but unique to you
- Make sure you enter your email accurately - you'll be surprised at how many people encounter log-in issues because of mistypes
- The last four digits of your Social Security Number are required as part of the Know Your Customer procedure all gambling sites, by law, must carry out. The process is used to verify identity and assess the risk (on a financial level) of potential new customers.
Games available at Tropicana Online Casino
Given the competition and number of online casinos New Jersey can boast, the range and depth of games available can be make or break for a player looking to sign-up. Rest assured though, this is where Tropicana really excels as an online casino. The selection of table games and slots is by far one of the best collections in New Jersey.
Tropicana categorizes the games as follows:
- 90 Ball Bingo
You can expect to find these games and a whole lot more:
Secrets of the Phoenix
Queen of Winter Wins
Wheel of Fortune
Atlantic City Blackjack
Single Deck Blackjack
Single Zero Roulette
Pai Gow Poker
- 90 Ball Bingo
Few NJ online casinos offer 90 Ball Bingo but Tropicana and Virgin both do. Note, it’s only available on desktop and this version of 90 Ball Bingo offers three lines, not the standard five. Click ‘Play Now’ to get started.
Can I play games for free at Tropicana?
Yes. When you hover over the game you’re interested in playing, you will be presented with two options to click - “Play Now and “Demo”.
“Demo” gives players the chance to play the game for free. You may want to do this for example if you want to learn the rules of a particular game or see if a game is to your liking. Even better “demo” mode can be accessed and anywhere in the US as there is no ‘real money’ involved.
Banking with Tropicana Online Casino
You can tell how an online casino shapes up by the deposit and withdrawal methods available. Not always but most of the time it's a good indicator!
Having assessed the banking options at Tropicana, it’s fair to say it could be better. For example, there’s no PayPal option which can be a big turn-off for a lot of American players. To add, withdrawals to VISA and Mastercard are not supported.
To deposit funds at Tropicana, click on the “Menu” button, proceed to “My Account” and finally “Deposit Funds”. Here are the options you will find.
How you can deposit at Tropicana
- Instant e-Check
- Online Banking Transfer (accepted banks: Bank of America, Chase, PNC, Sun Trust, BB&T HSBC Bank USA, Regions, Capital One 360, New York Community Bank, Wells Fargo and U.S Bank.
And here’s how you can withdraw at Tropicana. Note, all withdrawals are processed within 24 hours. How long a withdrawal takes depends on the method chosen, as shown below.
- ACH: 3-5 working days
- Check: 7-10 working days
- Skrill: 24-48 hours
- Cash cage at Tropicana Casino and Resort AC: Instant
Remember if you’re withdrawing money from your online account in-person, you’ll need a valid form of ID (driver’s license, passport, government-issued photo ID).
Customer Support Options at Tropicana
The Tropicana online support gets a huge thumbs up. Staff working on behalf of Tropicana online casino are available around the clock via a range of methods including phone, email and live chat. The on-site Help & Support Center is also a great aid, covering issues in seven categories ranging from Payments to Geolocation and Promotions and Responsible Gaming, as well as Account, Technical and Games. The FAQ’s are to the point but, at the same time, very detailed.
- Live 24/7 Chat
- Email 24/7
- On-site Help & Support Center
FAQ's Tropicana Online Casino New Jersey
I’m outside of New Jersey. Can I still wager for real money?
No. You may only play real money games if you’re Geo-located and physically located in New Jersey at the time of playing. Tropicana is of course licensed and regulated by the NJDGE who ensure the same conditions are met by all New Jersey online casinos.
So I can still access my account outside of New Jersey borders?
Yes. It’s fine to browse games and play on “demo” mode and manage your account anywhere in the US. This changes only when you want to gamble with money riding on the outcome.
What happens if I start my game but arrive back in New York halfway through?
Unfortunately, the session, at whatever point you are, will be terminated. Geolocation will detect that you’re outside of New Jersey or too close to the borders and automatically cut the session.
Tropicana Online Casino NJ
Real Cash Back up to $100
- Land-based casino partner: Tropicana Casino & Resort Atlantic City
- Online launch in NJ: November 26, 2013
- Regulated by: NJDGE