WHICH ONLINE GAMBLING SITES ARE SAFE?
Before you commit to a gambling website in the US, you need to know that:
Not all gambling websites you find on the internet are safe.
There’s a common misconception that just because regulated online gambling is more common in the US, online gambling sites have never been safer.
However, this is only true of gambling websites regulated in the US. Only gambling sites that have been issued with a US license and overseen by a US regulator are 100% safe.
At UnitedGamblers.com we only feature safe online gambling sites.
Licensed & regulated in the US since 2013
Known originally as Casino-on-Net and established in 1997 before anyone knew how popular online gambling would be, 888casino is one of the oldest online casinos around. Such longevity and experience makes 888 one of the safest online casinos you can use.
Licensed & regulated in the US since 2018
888 took all of the experience gained as an online casino to launch 888sport, the sports betting arm of the company, in 2008. The betting site has since become a trusted option for bettors in Europe and is now an established online sports betting destination in New Jersey.
THE SAFEST ONLINE GAMBLING SITES ARE REGULATED
Above all else, you want a safe online gambling experience. This is something only regulated gambling sites can provide.
A regulated gambling site in the US is overseen by a state-specific commission or enforcement body such as the DGE in New Jersey or PGCB in Pennsylvania whose main purpose is to ensure the integrity of operators and vendors.
If you have a complaint about an operator or feel that you’ve been treated unfairly, you can report it. In short, operators have somebody to answer to.
There are many advantages of using safe gambling sites in the US.
Benefits of safe online gambling sites
- Secure payment methods - You can move funds to your gambling account and know that the money will arrive securely with reliable, trusted payment options such as PayPal and credit/debit cards.
- Personal information protected - Your personal details are protected and used only for the purpose of your online gambling account.
- The operator plays by the rules - If you win, you get paid your winnings. A regulated gambling site plays a fair game at all times and is transparent about the way it operates.
- Safeguarding measures - Although gambling should always be enjoyed responsibly, it can be very addictive. And for some individuals, this addiction is difficult to control. Regulated gambling sites have certain safeguarding measures in place to help bettors manage their betting habits and prevent financial harm. These include deposit limits, daily limits, cooling-off periods, and self-exclusion programs.
- Peace of mind - Knowing that your money is in safe hands, your sensitive information is protected, you will be paid winnings and you have the tools to gamble responsibly is worth its weight in gold and enable you to fully enjoy your online gambling experience.
HOW TO TELL AN ONLINE GAMBLING SITE IS SAFE
There are five things you can do straight away to check whether a gambling site is safe.
- Make sure the website ends in .com. An instant tell-tale sign of an offshore (unreputable) site is the website domain, which often ends in .ag or .eu, for instance.
- Scroll down to the site’s footer and find the body in charge of regulating the site. For example, in New Jersey, you’ll find the seal for the DGE. You should be able to click on this and visit the official website of the state regulator.
- Take a look at the payment options available. You should find a range of methods including the most popular online options such as PayPal and VISA/MasterCard but also have the opportunity to deposit money either over the phone or by visiting your bank.
- Test the customer support options offered. Get in contact with an actual person from the company if you can in order to determine how professional the site is.
- Research the gambling site to see if it's a reputable company. You can do this by reading our reviews of gambling websites at UnitedGamblers.com.
WHAT IS THE SAFEST ONLINE GAMBLING SITE?
Ultimately, it comes down to whether your state has a regulated market for online gambling.
Here's a reminder of those states: New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Indiana, West Virginia, Illinois, Iowa, Oregon, Nevada, Delaware, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, Montana, Colorado, Tennessee, Virginia, Michigan, and Washington D.C.
If you’re based in, or, near one of these states you can access a range of regulated gambling websites that can all be trusted to deliver a safe online gambling experience.
POPULAR QUESTIONS ABOUT SAFE GAMBLING SITES
Is PointsBet legit?
Yes, PointsBet is a legitimate online sportsbook in America that is licensed and regulated in six states - New Jersey, Indiana, Iowa, Illinois, Colorado, and Michigan.
Is Bet365 safe?
Yes, Bet365 is a sports betting site which is safe to use in the US. To date, Bet365 is only available in New Jersey.
Is Bovada safe?
No, Bovada is not a safe online gambling website for American citizens. Bovada operates outside of the US and doesn’t adhere to licensing and regulatory requirements required in the United States of America.